Mark Ide is a professor in periodontology and an honorary consultant in restorative dentistry.
He is currently associate dean for taught postgraduate education at the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences at King’s College London (KCL).
He has over 30 years experience in various settings and since 2001 he has been a specialist in:
- restorative dentistry
Mark is an external examiner at undergraduate, Masters and PhD levels internationally, and acted as lead examiner for the MPerio examination at the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He was president of the British Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry for 2019 and 2021.
Education and training
- Fellow of Higher Education (FHEA), Higher Education Academy, UK, 2006
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS), Royal College of Surgeons of England, Restorative Dentistry, 2000
- Master of Science (MSc), University of London, Periodontology, 1996
- PhD, University of London, 1995
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS), Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1993
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), University of London, 1989
- Relationships between gum disease and diseases elsewhere in the body, involving a range of investigations, collaborating with colleagues at King's Health Partners, nationally and internationally
- New diagnostic markers for gum disease
- Oral diseases in at risk populations
- Behavioural aspects of treatment and clinical trials of treatments
Phone: 020 7188 7188
Email: [email protected] (KCL), [email protected] (NHS)
- Restorative dentistry
Last updated: May 2023