Consultant vascular surgeon
Morad Sallam is a consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and an honorary senior lecturer at King's College London. He is the lead for children's vascular surgery at Guy's and St Thomas'.
He has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' since 2013.
He co-leads a highly specialised multidisciplinary programme for the management of aortic infections, for which Guy's and St Thomas' has now become one of the largest centres internationally. He also runs the aorto-vascular multidisciplinary clinic along with heart surgeons, managing patients with extensive and complex thoracic aortic pathology.
At King's College London he is the lead for:
- cardiovascular undergraduate education
- vascular surgery postgraduate education
He is also the programme director for vascular surgery training.
He is a faculty member of the Royal College of Surgeons advanced vascular skills course and the European Society of Vascular Surgery.
He is a faculty member of the transformation programme 'Care Redesign', teaching Harvard Business School case studies to clinical teams. He is also the clinical lead for some of Guy's and St Thomas' international work and overseas projects.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, 2013
- MD on the use of sclerotherapy in the management of varicose veins, 2012
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, 2009
- MSc in vascular injuries and neck trauma, 2008
- Medicine and surgery (MBBCh) with honours, Cairo University Medical School, 2003
- Varicose veins
- Surgical training
Secretary: Hawa Sesay
Secretary phone: 020 7188 0764
Secretary email: [email protected]
Referrals: [email protected]
- Management of aortic infections
- Repair of thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms
- Children's vascular surgery
- Surgical education and training
- Redo aortic surgery
Last updated: October 2022