Consultant in medical oncology
Paul Ross is a consultant medical oncologist. He was appointed to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2004, specialising in the management of Gastro-intestinal tumours. He has an active clinical trial programme and is a member of adjuvant & advanced disease sub-group of the NCRI colorectal cancer group of the Hepato-biliary subgroup of the NCRI Upper GI Cancers group.
He trained in medical oncology at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Institute of Cancer Research. He was awarded a cancer research campaign clinical research Fellowship in 1997. His research in potential novel therapeutics in colorectal cancer was recognised by two awards and a PhD in 2000.
- Clinical trials in gastrointestinal cancers
- research lead for the South London Cancer Research Network for colorectal cancer
- member of the advanced disease subgroup of the NCRI Colorectal cancer group.
Collaborations for translational research projects include:
- pharmacogenomics of fluoropyrimidines
- characterisation and enumeration of CD16+ (Natural Killer) cells in advanced colorectal cancer.
- McElwain Prize, Association of Cancer Physicians, 2002
- ASCO Merit Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2001
He has published widely on the the treatment of colorectal cancer, oesophago-gastric cancer and pancreatic cancer.
Last updated: April 2022