Consultant in medical oncology
Paul Ross has been a consultant medical oncologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2004.
He has an active clinical trial programme and is a member of:
- the adjuvant and advanced disease sub-group of the National Cancer Research Institute colorectal cancer group
- the hepato-biliary subgroup of the National Cancer Research Institute upper gastrointestinal cancers group
Paul is the colorectal cancer research lead for the South London Cancer Research Network.
Education and training
- PhD in potential new therapeutics in colorectal cancer, 2000
- Medical oncology training, the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and Institute of Cancer Research
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Pharmacogenomics of fluoropyrimidines
- Characterisation and enumeration of CD16+ (natural killer) cells in advanced colorectal cancer
- McElwain Prize, Association of Cancer Physicians, 2002
- ASCO Merit Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), 2001
- Clinical research fellowship, Cancer Research UK, 1997
He has published widely on the the treatment of colorectal cancer, oesophago-gastric cancer and pancreatic cancer.
Email: [email protected]
Enquiries email: [email protected]
- Colorectal cancer
- Liver, bile duct and pancreatic cancer
- Neuroendocrine tumours
Last updated: December 2022