Pancreatic, liver and gall bladder cancer
We'll support and care for you throughout your cancer treatment.
We provide care for:
- hepatobiliary, pancreatic and neuroendocrine tumour (NET) cancers. This includes liver, gall bladder and bile duct cancer
Alongside treatment, we offer:
- specialist education and advice
- pain relief in hospital and at home (palliative care)
- close working with your GP and local hospital
Our team works together to give you the best care. Our specialists include:
- cancer doctors (oncologists)
- cancer nurses
We can also refer you for:
- benefits and welfare advice
- psychological support and therapy
- complementary therapy
- dietary advice
- patient transport
- occupational therapy
We review treatment plans at a weekly meeting with everyone involved in your care.
Chemotherapy, and some courses of radiotherapy, can be given at our Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup site.
We work with our partners at:
- King's College Hospital
- Princess Royal Hospital, Orpington
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
- Lewisham Hospital
Shine Cancer Support is a charity for people with cancer in their 20s, 30s and 40s.
Trekstock is a cancer charity supporting young adults.
Bile duct cancer
- Macmillan Cancer Support UK bile duct cancer information
- Cancer Research UK bile duct cancer information
Gall bladder cancer
- Macmillan Cancer Support gall bladder cancer information
- Cancer Research UK gall bladder cancer information
- Macmillan Cancer Support pancreatic cancer information
- Cancer Research UK pancreatic cancer information
- Pancreatic UK provides support and advice for people with pancreatic cancer.
You may need to stay in hospital on one of our wards during your treatment:
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
Last updated: September 2023