Consultant in general and geriatric medicine
Rebekah Schiff has been a consultant geriatrician and general physician at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2004.
She has extensive experience in the care of older people in hospital and community settings.
She was the clinical lead for the department of ageing and health from 2009 to 2018.
She developed the short-term older persons unit (frailty unit) on the emergency floor.
She also supported the creation of the Guy's and St Thomas' @home service, increasing community support to older people living at home and in care homes.
She runs a 1-year junior doctor educational clinical rotation across the integrated care pathway for 9 doctors.
She is on the advisory committee for The National Audit of Care at the End of Life.
She is the Mental Capacity Act lead for Guy's and St Thomas'.
Education and training
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, 1994
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), University College London, 1992
- Medicines related problems
- Heart failure
- Community services
- End of life care
Secretary phone: 020 7188 2515, 020 7188 2516 or 020 7188 2519
Email: [email protected]
- Care for older people staying in hospital
- Short-term general medicine
- Community care for older people
- Cardiology conditions in older people
Last updated: October 2022