Samantha De Silva
Perioperative medicine for older people consultant
Samantha de Silva trained in general internal medicine and geriatric medicine in London. She was appointed as a consultant physician and geriatrician in the department of health and ageing at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in 2019.
She works in the perioperative medicine for older people undergoing surgery (POPS) team and is the clinical lead for orthogeriatrics.
She is the undergraduate stage 2 ageing block lead for King's College London medical students at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
- SCE geriatric medicine, Royal College of Physicians, 2017
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), Royal College of Physicians, 2012
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Imperial College London, 2008
- Intercalated Bachelor of Science (BSc) in neuroscience, Imperial College London, 2006
Email: [email protected]
- Peri-operative care for older people
- Postgraduate teaching
Last updated: January 2023