Consultant urological surgeon
Susan Willis has been a consultant urological surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2015.
She performs a range of general urological procedures, as well as:
- extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (non-invasive treatment of kidney stones)
- ureterorenoscopy (retrieval of stone fragments)
Education and training
- Postgraduate certificate in healthcare leadership, Open University, 2015
- Urology Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), 2013
- Research MD, Imperial College London, 2008
- South Thames training rotation, 2007 to 2014
- Medicine (MBChB), University of Leeds, 2000
- Anatomy BSc, University of Leeds, 1997
Susan's research doctorate investigated cell signalling pathways and the actions of a new molecular inhibitor in prostate cancer.
She is currently involved with recruiting to national clinical trials in stone disease.
- British Urological Foundation Research Grant, 2006
Last updated: September 2022