Consultant urological surgeon
Susan Willis was appointed as a consultant urological surgeon to Guy's and St Thomas' in 2015.
Her surgical training was in the hospitals of the south Thames region, including 18 months training with the stone team at Guy's Hospital.
She performs a range of general urological procedures, as well as extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy (non-invasive treatment of kidney stones)and ureterorenoscopy (retrieval of stone fragments).
Education and training
- University of Leeds: BSc Anatomy 1997; MBChB 2000
- South Thames training rotation 2007-2014
- Imperial College: MD(Res) 2008
- FRCS(Urol) 2013
- Open University: Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership (2015)
Susan's research doctorate investigated cell signalling pathways and the actions of a novel molecular inhibitor in prostate cancer. She is currently involved with recruiting to national clinical trials in stone disease.
- British Urological Foundation Research Grant 2006
Last updated: April 2022