We see people who have been diagnosed with kidney stones. Our team of specialist doctors and nurses will assess and advise you on the most suitable treatment.
Our treatment includes:
- education and advice to prevent kidney stones
- planned and emergency shockwave lithotripsy
- long-term care for recurrent kidney stones
- children's kidney stone service
- stone treatment if you have a lung condition, working with the Lane Fox Unit
- a specialist cystinuria clinic
- endoscopy if you have cancer of the urinary system
- Lithotripsy, treatment for your kidney stones
- British Association of Urological Surgeons provides information on prevention and treatment of kidney stones
- Cystinuria UK provides advice and information about cystinuria
- The Renal Association, RareRenal provides information on rare kidney diseases, including cystinuria
If you need to stay in hospital during your treatment, you're likely to stay on one of our specialist urology wards:
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.