Call if concerned
If you're concerned about a patient who is very ill on one of our wards, please call us.
You can contact us if you:
- are concerned about a patient's care and wellbeing
- notice that the patient's condition is getting worse
- have already spoken to the ward nurses and doctors
- think there is confusion about what needs to be done for the patient
Please call us and leave a message.
- the patient's name
- the name of the ward
- a brief description of your concern
- what has already been done
- your name, contact details and relationship with the patient
We check the answerphone regularly for messages.
- visit the patient to check on their condition
- talk to medical staff and other health professionals as needed
- agree actions with the staff looking after the patient
If the patient gives us permission, we'll call you back to let you know the actions we have taken and tell you how the patient is.
This call can be at any time, including during the night.
Our service is run by a team of senior health professionals.