The Dimbleby Macmillan Support Centre is a joint project between Dimbleby Cancer Care and Macmillan Cancer Support. They offer information and support to local people affected by cancer.
The service is staffed one day per week by a cancer information nurse supported by a team of dedicated volunteers. If the nurse isn’t available on your visit, they can be reached via the volunteers or on telephone number 020 7188 5929, this has a voicemail facility.
Dealing with a cancer diagnosis can be difficult not only for the person with cancer, but for their family and friends as well. Finding the right information or the right person to talk to can often make living with cancer that bit easier.
- a range of information on all aspects of living with cancer (some resources are available in a range of languages and are suitable for people with special needs)
- complementary therapies including clinical aromatherapy and reflexology
- relaxation and stress management workshops
- 'Beautiful You' workshops
- a counselling service
- a monthly support group
- a range of headscarves and headwear.
We offer a drop-in service for general information and support. Complementary therapies and counselling are available on an appointment basis and you can self-refer or be referred by your healthcare professional.