How to refer a patient
Tel: 020 7188 7188, ext. 56494
The geriatric oncology liaison development team (GOLD) team accepts referrals from GPs, consultants, community nurses, Clinical Nurses Specialists, therapists and social workers.
To refer a patient please email us or contact the GOLD team administrator, Ms Fiona Giardina, using the contacts at the top of this page.
- the patient is aged 65 and above (or younger, if complex)
- the GP or patient has concerns regarding co-morbidities and or functional problems before or during cancer treatment
- the patient has difficulties coping or likely to develop difficulties coping with treatment related to their general health or social situation
- the patient is requiring support with treatment decision-making.
If a patient needs to be seen urgently, please call the GOLD team directly via the telephone number at the top of the page.
Patients can be referred by primary care staff working in Southwark and Lambeth using the Telephone Advice Line (TALK):
- 020 7188 1465, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year
TALK is part of the Southwark and Lambeth Integrated Care Programme and provides access to specialist advice from a consultant geriatrician.
Healthcare colleagues within Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust can refer via EPR using the GOLD service referral option, with as many details as possible to explain why this would be considered an urgent referral.
We do not take emergency referrals.