Geriatric oncology liaison development (GOLD)
The GOLD team aims to improve your health to help you through your cancer treatment.
We mainly look after patients aged 65 years and over, or 55 years if you have many health conditions.
The support you get could include:
- assessing your medical fitness and other illnesses
- going over your current medicines with you
- assessing your mobility, physical strength and support needs
- assessing and preventing your risk of falling
- assessing any memory issues
- help with managing symptoms or side effects of cancer or treatment, such as tiredness and low mood
The support you get will depend on your individual needs but you might see:
- consultant physicians specialising in medicine for older people
- junior doctors who work with the consultant
- clinical nurse specialists
- nursing team
- cancer physiotherapist
- occupational therapists
- community services
Your cancer team or GP can refer you.
Consultants in the GOLD service: