At Dimbleby Cancer Care, we offer complementary therapies alongside your medical treatment to help support you.
Many patients find these therapies help them to manage symptoms and side effects. They may also help you to relax and sleep better. None of these therapies are aimed at curing cancer.
All of our therapies are safely administered by our specialist therapists, who in accordance with London Cancer Alliance (LCA) guidelines (2013), are accredited with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
What we offer
We provide one-to-one therapy and group therapy sessions.
- Aromatherapy – the use of fragrant essential oils for their clinical and therapeutic properties, commonly via massage or in a bespoke blended aromastick.
- Massage – the application of gentle strokes to different parts of the body to relieve muscular tension or constipation.
- Reflexology – the gentle manipulation of the feet and hands to help relax the whole body.
- Reiki – a practice of therapeutic touch to rebalance the body, mind and spirit.
- Relaxation and stress management courses –separate sessions are run for outpatients and carers.
- Seated acupuncture group – the insertion of very fine needles in specific points on the body (mainly hands and feet). All needles are single use, sterile and disposable.
- Complementary therapy short courses – dealing with topics such as the safe use of aromatherapy at home, meditation, mindfulness, coping with tiredness and coping with sleep issues.