The community bladder and bowel service has a team of specialist nurses with advanced knowledge and skills in assessing and treating adults over 18 years old with a range of bladder and bowel symptoms.
Bladder or bowel problems can be embarrassing, but are often easily treated. We provide an approachable and confidential service aiming to improve or cure your symptoms. The emphasis is on a detailed assessment to understand your individual needs, and conservative treatments tailored to your specific concerns.
We run clinics at six different locations across the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark.
We specialise in treating conditions such as:
- urinary incontinence
- bowel incontinence
- catheter management
- urgency and/or frequency of passing urine
- waking up at night to pass urine.
The type of treatments we offer are:
- bladder training
- pelvic floor exercises
- lifestyle changes (weight, fluid intake and diet)
- intermittent self-catheterisation
- specialist appliances, such as sheaths, male/female urinals and absorbable products.