Medical secretary: Rudo Mupambawahle
Tel: 020 7188 4244
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary tel (King's College Hospital): 020 3299 5768
Area of expertise: breast cancer, acute oncology, metastatic spinal cord compression, health care ethics and law
Fiona Castell, MBBS BSc(hon) MRCP FRCR MA, was appointed as a consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust in 2011. She qualified at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School (University of London) and trained in clinical oncology at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital.
She has a special interest in medical law and ethics, completing a Masters in Healthcare Law and Ethics in 2011 at the University of Manchester, and sat on a Research Ethics committee in the past. She was appointed as the clinical lead for Ethics and Law at GSK Medical School in 2017.
She also actively teaches a range of healthcare professionals including on the King’s Mammography Screening course. She shares the breast cancer practice at King’s College Hospital with Dr Mark Nathan and leads the Acute Oncology service there.
She is senior clinical advisor for the south east London and Kent metastatic spinal cord compression service.
Education and training
- BSc Hon (Intercalated BSC in Biochemistry), 1993 and MBBS, Charing Cross and Westminster Hospital (University Of London), 1996
- MRCP 2000
- FRCR 2005
- MA in health care ethics and law (University of Manchester), 2011
- clinical oncology training: pan-Thames SPR rotation (East London and Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust)
- CCST, June 2008
- locum consultant BSUH, September 2008-August 2010
- locum consultant, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust September 2010-September 2011
- locum consultant, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, November 2011, appointed permanently in December 2011.
- Breast cancer
- acute oncology
- metastatic spinal cord compression
- medical ethics and law.
Prostatic Adenocarcinoma Presenting with Metastatic Frontal Bone Involvement and Orbital Invasion. Patel V, Castell FA, Akinwunmi J, Francis I, Chandrasekharan L, Malhotra R. 2010 Aug; 29(4):213-5 Orbit
Quantitative Techniques in 18FDG PET Scanning in Oncology F Castell, G.J.R. Cook (2008) 98 1597-1601 British Journal of Cancer.
Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors attenuate the neuronal injury response in cerebral cortex. I M Gardiner, J Adams, F Castell and J de Belleroche, Biochemical Society Transactions 1994, May; 22(2):150S.