Medical secretary: Rudo Mupambawahle
Tel: 020 7188 4244 (ext 84244)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary tel (King's College Hospital): 020 3299 5768 (King's College Hospital)
Area of expertise: breast cancer, acute oncology, metastatic spinal cord compression, health care ethics and law
Dr Fiona Castell was appointed as a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in 2011.
She shares the breast cancer practice at King’s College with Dr Rigg and is the lead clinician for the acute oncology service at King’s College Hospital and the local CUP clinical lead.
She is a member of the chemotherapy committee and clinical governance and audit lead for oncology at King's College Hospital.
Fiona is a senior clinical advisor for the south east London and Kent metastatic spinal cord compression service and a member of the London Cancer Alliance Pathway Groups for acute oncology and metastatic spinal cord compression.
Education and training
- BSc Hon (Intercalated BSC in Biochemistry), 1993 and MBBS, Charing Cross and Westminster Hospital (University Of London), 1996
- MRCP 2000
- FRCR 2005
- MA in health care ethics and law (University of Manchester), 2011
- clinical oncology training: pan-Thames SPR rotation (East London and Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust)
- CCST, June 2008
- locum consultant BSUH, September 2008-August 2010
- locum consultant, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust September 2010-September 2011
- locum consultant, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, November 2011, appointed permanently in December 2011.
- breast cancer
- acute oncology
- metastatic spinal cord compression
- medical ethics and law.
Prostatic Adenocarcinoma Presenting with Metastatic Frontal Bone Involvement and Orbital Invasion. Patel V, Castell FA, Akinwunmi J, Francis I, Chandrasekharan L, Malhotra R. 2010 Aug; 29(4):213-5 Orbit
Quantitative Techniques in 18FDG PET Scanning in Oncology F Castell, G.J.R. Cook (2008) 98 1597-1601 British Journal of Cancer.
Nitric oxide synthase inhibitors attenuate the neuronal injury response in cerebral cortex. I M Gardiner, J Adams, F Castell and J de Belleroche, Biochemical Society Transactions 1994, May; 22(2):150S.