Secretary: Veronica Akinpelumi
Secretary email: email@example.com
Secretary tel: 020 7188 4034
Please send referrals to: gst-tr.Vascular-Referrals@nhs.net
Area of expertise: complex aortic intervention, leg revascularisation, endovenous ablation of varicose veins
Languages spoken: English, Greek, French
Michael Dialynas graduated from Athens Medical School. He completed a full training programme in the UK with his specialist registrar training in the North East Thames region.
He was awarded an MS for his thesis on the effects of oestrogens in the regulation of VEGF and NO and completed a two year fellowship in complex open and endovascular aortic work at St Mary’s Hospital, London.
Michael was appointed consultant vascular surgeon at Kings College Hospital in 2009 with the view to expand the endovascular aortic service. He has organised and expanded the aortic service at Darent Valley hospital in Kent which he runs along with A Mcirvine a full outpatient vascular service.
Michael is an active trainer for juniors and teaches various courses mainly for endovascular aneurysmal disease.
Education and training
- FRCS (Gen Surg) 2007
- MS University College London 2001
- FRCS(Ed) 1998
- Ptychion Iatrikes (MBBS Analogue) 1992.
- open and endovascular complex aortic disease
- thoracoabdominal aneurysms
- distal leg ischaemia and revascularisation, redo surgery
- endovenous ablation of varicose veins.
- aortic pathology
- post endovascular repair complications
- leg ischaemia
- organising a endovascular workshop at St Thomas' Hospital.