Secretary tel: 020 7188 1057 / 1077
Clinical nurse specialist: Karlie Duncombe
Clinical nurse specialist tel: 020 7188 1025
Clinical nurse specialist mobile: 079 1833 8710
Appointments coordinator tel: 020 7188 1044
Admissions coordinator tel: 020 7188 3894
Area of expertise: cardiac surgery
- Mr Michael M Sabetai, MD PhD FRCS (C-Th) graduated from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece.
- He trained in General and Trauma Surgery in the USA.
- He came to London where he completed his PhD studies in Cardiovascular Surgery at the Imperial College School of Medicine.
- His training in Cardiothoracic Surgery took place at Guy’s and St Thomas’, Royal Brompton and London Chest Hospitals in London.
- He obtained further experience in Aortic Surgery in the USA under the tuition of Dr Hazim Safi in Houston, Texas and Dr Joe Bavaria in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- He completed his training in 2011 and was appointed as a consultant cardiac and aortic surgeon at St Thomas’ Hospital in 2012.
Education and training
- Aortic surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia (Dr Joe Bavaria)
- Aortic surgery, University of Texas at Houston, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston (Dr Hazim Safi)
- Cardiac surgery training, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London Chest Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital, Royal Sussex County Hospital
- PhD studies in cardiovascular surgery, Imperial College School of Medicine, London
- General and trauma surgery training, Los Angeles and Honolulu, USA
Aortic valve surgery
Coronary artery surgery
- Natural history of aortic diseases
- Management of large databases
- Alexander Onassis Public Benefit Foundation Fellowship for post graduate studies in Cardiovascular Surgery (1997)