Heart (cardiac) surgery
We provide specialist surgery for all heart conditions at our cardiovascular surgery unit.
Surgeries we offer include:
- coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- valve replacement and repair
- minimally invasive surgery, off pump CABG and minimal access valve replacement or repair
- re-do CABG and valve surgery
- major aortic surgery, together with vascular surgery
- aortic dissection
- adult congenital heart disease surgery
- surgery for heart rhythm problems, including convergent and maze procedures
You may need to stay in hospital on one of our wards during your treatment.
- Doulton ward
- Overnight intensive recovery unit
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your health professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.
Last updated: September 2023