Please send referrals to: email@example.com
Areas of expertise: vascular surgery
Prakash graduated from Guy's, King's and St. Thomas' Medical School in 2003 and undertook his general and vascular surgical training in London.
Following completion of his PhD in Cardiovascular Sciences (2012) he was awarded the NIHR Clinical Lecturership in Vascular Surgery at St. Thomas’ Hospital. He completed his training at the St. George’s Vascular Institute, where he gained experience as a consultant.
At the end of his training he was fortunate to carry out a sponsored Fellowship to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney in complex open and endovascular surgery before returning to practice in the UK.
Education and training
- Intercalated BSc (2000)
- MBBS (2003)
- MRCS (2006)
- PhD (2012)
- FRCS (2017)
- General open and endovascular surgery (carotid, aortic, lower limb)
- Complex deep venous reconstruction (open and endovascular)
- Diabetic foot (Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich)
- Wellcome trust clinical research training fellowship (2009)
- American heart association early career investigator award (2014)
- Academy of medical sciences award (2015)
- Vascular society of Great Britain and Ireland prize (2015)
- Vascular imaging – MRI
- Deep venous thrombosis and post-thrombotic disease
- Endovascular surgery