Secretary: Pauline Kirlew
Secretary tel: 020 7188 2570
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send referrals to: email@example.com
Areas of expertise: vascular and endovascular surgery
Mr Sanjay Patel graduated from the University of Manchester Medical School in 2001. He trained in Manchester and Nottingham before undertaking a period of research into arterial injury for which he was awarded an MD(Res) by King’s College London.
Sanjay went onto complete higher surgical training in general surgery in London, specializing in vascular and endovascular surgery. He become a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS) in 2014. He then undertook a specialist Lower Limb Fellowship where he acquired specific skills in lower limb revascularisation and diabetic foot salvage as well as endovascular surgery.
He was appointed as consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in 2014. He is currently lead for lower limb revascularisation.
Education and training
- 1998 BSc (Hons)
- 2001 MB;ChB
- 2010 Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice
- 2012 MD (Res)
- 2014 FRCS (Eng)
Complex open and endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease, especially in patients with diabetes
Surgery of carotid artery disease
Open and endovascular treatment of occlusive and aneurysmal diseases of the aorta
Open and endovenous treatment of varicose veins.
- 2005 British Heart Foundation - Clinical Fellowship 2005
- 2006 Jenny Ackroyd Prize (Best Presentation)
- 2007 Society of Academic and Research Surgery – Academic Bursary
- Mechanisms of restenosis after arterial injury
- Optimisation of clinical outcomes following revascularisation
- The application of novel imaging techniques to improve clinical outcome
- Novel therapies to accelerate wound healing