Secretary: Nicola Kelly
Secretary tel: 020 7188 5855
Area of expertise: prosthodontics, hypodontia, implant dentistry
Languages spoken: English
Dr Sophie Watkins BDS, MSc (conservative dentistry), FDS (restorative dentistry) RCPS, FDS RCPS, qualified from Bristol University in 1990 and completed specialist training in restorative dentistry at the Eastman Dental Hospital, including a Masters in Conservative Dentistry. She has been a consultant at Guy's since 2004.
- the specialty lead for dental developmental anomalies with a specific interest in hypodontia and runs weekly multi-disciplinary team clinics, taking referrals from across the home counties
- an Honorary Senior Specialist Clinical teacher in Prosthodontics
- London Deanery Training Programme Director for Prosthodontics and STC Chair for the Dental Single Specialties
- Dental Regional Advisor for RCSP Glasgow.
Education and training
- Bristol University
- Eastman Dental Hospital.
- oral and dental rehabilitation including occlusal reconstruction and dental implants
- multidisciplinary management of hypodontia.
- hypodontia - currently involved in a multicentre trial into patient related outcomes of treatment for hypodontia
- previously part of an international consensus group into the management of Ectodermal Dysplasia in children. Other international research projects under development in this area
- supervisor of various other research projects in the area of prosthodontics.