Lucy Moorhead dermatology consultant
Lucy Moorhead is a nurse consultant in inflammatory skin disease. She qualified in 1997 and has worked predominantly in the speciality of dermatology as a research sister, clinical nurse specialist, advanced nurse practitioner and as a consultant nurse since 2019.
Her area of expertise is in the management of inflammatory skin disease and she has worked in the severe adult psoriasis service for many years.
She leads a team of dermatology nurses who provide services, including systemic therapy clinics and topical day-care.
Lucy has a strong interest in dermatology education for nurses, and co-leads the Clinical Dermatology Care Course for nurses at St Johns. She regularly coordinates and runs in-house educational sessions for nurses. She established the Psoriasis Nurse Masterclass at St John's for 2018 and was pivotal to founding the London and South East Biologics Nurse Network Group.
She is currently sits on the executive committee of the British Dermatological Nursing Group (BDNG) as a trustee and represents the group at the All Party Parliamentary Group on Skin. She has previously served as the chair of the BDNG Biologics Subgroup for which she represented the BDN G at multiple NICE technology appraisals as their representative.
Education and training
- MA in Medical Ethics and Law at King's College London (KCL)
- Non-medical prescriber training, KCL
- Nurse led clinics in medicines management
- Topical therapy
- Systemic therapy monitoring
- Biological therapies
- Psychological wellbeing
- Management of multi-morbidities
- Medicines optimisation
- Service redesign
- Holistic nursing care
- Nightingale Nurse Award (2018)
- Inaugral psoriasis nurse of the year (2016)
- BMJ dermatology team of the year award (2016)
- Winner of the Dermatological Nursing writing competition (2013)