Genetic skin disease
We are a leading centre for diagnosing and treating genetic skin conditions.
We treat a wide variety of skin diseases, including:
- palmoplantar keratoderma (thickened skin on the palms of the hand and soles of the feet)
- ectodermal dysplasia (a group of conditions affecting a combination of hair, nails, teeth or sweating)
- pachyonychia congenita (a genetic skin condition causing thickened nails and skin problems)
Our department includes a diagnostic laboratory for:
- analysis of skin biopsy specimens
- genetic testing for rare genetic skin disorders
We're involved in research to improve treatment and understanding of genetic skin conditions.
Changing Faces offers support to anyone with a scar, mark or condition on their face or body.
Ichthyosis support group offers support to people with ichthyosis.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can email [email protected] for more information.