Secretary tel: 020 7188 1987
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: lipids, obesity (bariatric) medicine, metabolic medicine.
- Consultant in metabolic medicine/chemical pathology at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 1995.
- Honorary professor in Lipids & Cardiometabolic Disease at King’s College London, 2014.
- Lecturer and honorary senior registrar in chemical pathology at Imperial College Medical School, London, 1992-1995.
- Registrar in medical biochemistry, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, 1991-1992.
- Medical research council fellow, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford, 1988-1991.
- HEART-UK (the cholesterol charity) Chairman of the medical committee (1999-2006)
- NICE: Technology and Diagnostic Appraisal committees; Familial Hypercholesterolaemia guideline group (CG71); chair of the Lipid Modification Guideline (CG67).
Education and training
- DM University of Oxford 2004
- Fellow Royal College of Pathologists 2001
- DPhil University of Oxford 1992
- BMBCh University of Oxford 1986
- BA (MA) University of Cambridge 1983; (1987).
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia
- Genetic disorders of triglyceride metabolism
- Genetic hyperlipidaemia syndromes
- Relationship of lipids to cardiovascular disease risk
- Lipids and HIV disease
- Lipids in peroxisomal diseases (especially adult refsum disease)
- Obesity medicine
Anthony Wierzbicki's research interests are in the relationship of lipids to atherosclerosis and the role of lipids in peroxisomal diseases.
His scientific contributions to atherosclerosis and lipid biology which include 300 publications, 19 book chapters and one book.