Secretary: Mrs Daxa Patel
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Elodie Azan MD (Paris) graduated in Paris and, after graduating, specialised in surgery and was then invited to become a 'Chef De Clinique' (consultant) at the internationally renowned Rothschild Ophthalmic Foundation in Paris, in their highly regarded Refractive and Anterior Surgery Department. Dr Azan has carried out more than 3,900 laser refractive and cataract surgeries to date.
Dr Elodie Azan MD moved to London in early 2010 and held posts at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Western Eye Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital.
Her previous and current position in hospital are:
- Ophthalmologic Foundation Paris, September 2002-2007
- Chef de Clinique (consultant) Ophthalmologic Surgery Rothschild Ophthalmologic Foundation Paris, September 2007-September 2010
- Consultant Ophthalmologist Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Western Eye and Charing Cross Hospitals, September 2010-July 2011
- Consultant Ophtalmologist Moorfiled Hospital September 2011-June 2015
- Consultant Opthalmologist Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust 2015-present
Membership and diplomas (certifications):
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Université Paris VI (France) - 2007
- FOSP Fellowship in Ophthalmologic Surgery Paris, Paris (France) - 2007
- DEBO Diploma European Board of Ophthalmology, 2007
- FSO Member French Society of Ophthalmology, co-author of annual rport
- MESCRS Member European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- MACO Member American College of Ophthalmology
- MARVO Member Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Education and training
Trained in Rothschild Ophthalmic Foundation, France
Worked in Western Eye Hospital and in Moorfield Eye Hospital
- General ophthalmology
Anterior segment surgery
- Assessment of corneal biomechanical properties in normal tension glaucoma and comparison with open-angle glaucoma, ocular hypertension, and normal eyes. Grise-Dulac A, Saad A, Abitbol O, Febbraro JL, Azan E, Moulin-Tyrode C, Gatinel D-J Glaucoma. 2012 Sep;21(7):486-9. doi: 10.1097/IJG.0b013e318220daf0.
- Biomechanical properties of keratoconus suspect eyes. Saad A, Lteif Y, Azan E, Gatinel D. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010 Jun;51(6):2912-6. doi: 10.1167/iovs.09-4304. Epub 2009 Dec 30.
- Cone dysfunction as a paraneoplastic syndrome associated with retinal antigens approximating 40 kiloDalton. Parc CE, Azan E, Bonnel S, Sahel JA, Kaplan J, Thirkill CE - Ophthalmic Genet. 2006 Jun;27(2):57-61.
- Participations in the publications of the anterior segment team at St Thomas Hospital