Vijay Wagh, consultant ophthalmologist
Tel: 020 7188 4331
Mr Vijay Wagh is a consultant ophthalmologist (eye) and lead clinician for eye emergency services at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Vijay trained in ophthalmology in London, including Moorfields Eye Hospital before undertaking a fellowship at St Thomas' Hospital.
His expertise is in modern phako-emulsification cataract surgery including implantation of lens implants to improve astigmatism.
His special interests include oculoplastic surgery of the eyelids and surrounding structures including surgery of the tear drainage system. He also has experience in managing blepharitis and dry eyes.
Education and training
- CertLASER, Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London (2019)
- Diploma in refractive, corneal and cataract surgery, Miguel Hernández University, Spain (2019)
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London (2014)
- MRCOphth, Royal College of Ophthalmologist, London (2006)
- FRCS (ophthalmology) Royal college of Physicians and Surgeons (2006)
- MD (ophthalmology) AIIMS (2003)
Cataract surgery: micro-incision cataract surgery in complex cases, phacoemulsification, complex cataract surgery, yag laser capsulotomy for treatment after a cataract.
Oculoplastic and aesthetic surgery, eyelid surgery, lacrimal (tear duct) surgery for watery eyes, minor plastic surgery procedures such as the removal of moles and skin tags and eyelid lesions, eye socket surgery.
External eye disease: dry eye and Sjogren's syndrome, skin-related ocular surface problems including ocular rosacea, allergic eye disease, pterygium.
- External eye disease
- Best paper presentation in ESCRS, Lisbon
- First prize in ophthalmic quiz in D Ophthalmic Society annual conference
- Second prize in ophthalmic quiz, AI ophthalmic conference
- First prize in ophthalmic quiz, XV annual oculoplastics conference