Secretary: Paula Allen
Tel: 020 7188 1038
John Pilling completed his undergraduate medical training in Nottingham and entered basic surgical training in Leicester. Following time in research at the Glenfield Hospital, he completed his training in thoracic surgery in London (Royal Brompton Hospital, London Chest Hospital, St Bartholomew’s Hospital and Guy’s Hospital).
He currently provides outpatient clinics at The Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading and William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent.
- Risk assessment in lung cancer surgery
- Pleural effusion
- Pulmonary metastasectomy
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Malignant pleural effusion
- High risk lung cancer surgery
- Malignant Mesothelioma
- Astra Charnwood Prize for Outstanding Honours Year Project (1997).
- Nottingham Medical-Chirugical Society President’s Student Prize (2000).
- Hargadon Prize for Audit, Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists (2002)
- Finalist, Young Investigator of the Year, EACTS (2003)
- Young Investigator of the Year, American College of Chest Physicians (2003)