Secretary: Katie Farrant
Secretary tel: 020 7188 0952
Secretary email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Referral email: email@example.com
Lawrence Okiror is a consultant thoracic surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. He trained in cardiothoracic surgery in London, at Royal Brompton Hospital and Guy's Hospital, and the West Midlands.
His areas of expertise include minimally-invasive surgery (robotic and VATS), radical surgery for mesothelioma and resection of advanced thoracic malignancies. He leads the central airways service at the Trust and works closely with colleagues to manage some of the most complex airway problems.
He is the service lead for lung volume reduction and offers both surgery and endobronchial therapies for advanced emphysema.
He has a strong interest in education and training and is involved in teaching and supervising work experience students, medical students at King's College London and cardiothoracic surgical and respiratory trainees. He is a regular faculty member of various national courses in cardiothoracic surgery and respiratory medicine.
- MBChB Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, 2004
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, 2009
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, 2018
- Certificate of completion of training (CCT) in cardiothoracic surgery, 2019
- Robotic and VATS (keyhole) chest surgery
- Surgery for advanced lung cancer, thymoma
- Central airway interventions (interventional bronchoscopy, airway stenting, laser, cryotherapy)
- Lung volume reduction (surgery and endobronchial valves)
- Surgery for chest wall abnormalities (pectus deformities, rare chest wall tumours)
- Surgery for pneumothorax including catamenial pneumothorax
- Joint RCS and NIAA Perioperative Care Systematic Reviews joint recipient of grant, 2014
- Best poster prize at Society for cardiothoracic surgery in the United Kingdom, 2014