Tel: 020 7188 2736
Fax: 020 7188 2717
Secretaries: Nicole Martin
Area of expertise: thrombosis
Dr Karen Breen is a consultant haematologist with a specialist interest in thrombosis and is based in the haemostasis and thrombosis centre and in the department of haematology.
She trained in haematology in Ireland and moved to the UK to conduct research in antiphospholipid syndrome leading to an MD.
Her main area of clinical interest is in thrombosis and in particular, in the field of antiphospholipid syndrome. She is currently involved in several clinical trials and in translational research in antiphospholipid syndrome.
Education and training
- Trinity College, Dublin medical training scheme
- Royal College of Physicians (Ireland) higher medical training scheme in haematology
- Management of thrombotic disorders
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Obstetric management of thrombotic disorders
- Prize for best speaker at MacDonald Obstetric Society meeting, May 2011
- Haematology Association of Ireland scholarship
- antiphospholipid syndrome