Secretary: Casey Prendergast
Secretary tel: 020 7188 9180
Secretary email: email@example.com
Area of expertise: functional bladder problems, ongoing treatment of childhood urological conditions in adulthood and reconstructive surgery
Claire Taylor is a urological surgeon with a specialist interest in bladder dysfunction, and it’s management. Claire works in Guy’s Hospital and King's College London Hospital.
She trained at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Institute of Urology concentrating on bladder behaviour in children and adults with congenital or neurological abnormalities and reconstructive surgical techniques. Claire helps run the functional urology unit at Guy's. The functional urology department takes part in both multi-centre national trails such as the MASTER trail as well as supporting clinical and scientific research within King's Health Partners.
Claire is a member of the Young Onset Urology (YOU) service and the pelvic floor service working with specialist nurses, children's urology, transplant, gynaecology and colo-rectal colleagues.
Education and training
- Qualified from King's College Hospital, London
- Urology training was in the North Thames Rotation, London
- One year fellowship in Great Ormond Street Hospital doing children's urology.
- Ongoing treatment of childhood urological conditions in adulthood
- Male incontinence including post prostatectomy incontinence
- Treatment of bladder problems in patients with neurological conditions.
- Markowitz prize, from Institute of Urology, London for the best urological trainee, 2010.
Claire's last publication is: Impact on the lack of community urinary catheter care services on the emergency department. BJUInt 2016:118:327-334