Sachin Malde, Consultant Urological Surgeon
Secretary: Linda Boorman
Secretary tel: 020 7188 7338
Secretary email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise: bladder pain, female and male urinary incontinence, functional urology, minimally-invasive treatments for benign prostate enlargement, neuro-urology, non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, urinary tract reconstruction and urinary tract infections
Sachin Malde, MBBS MSc(Urol), FRCS(Urol) was appointed as a consultant urological surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' in 2016.
He has a subspecialist interest in female, functional, reconstructive and neuro-urology, and has undergone highly specialist fellowship training at University College Hospital London. He has expertise in the investigation and treatment of male and female urinary incontinence, bladder dysfunction due to neurological conditions, bladder pain, and urinary tract infections. He performs a range of surgical procedures for these conditions.
He also has an interest in the management of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer and performs blue-light (photodynamic) cystoscopy to optimise the diagnosis and management of superficial bladder tumours.
He has a strong academic interest and is an associate member on the European Association of Urology Guidelines panel. He has also been a tutor on a number of national specialist training courses run by the British Association of Urological Surgeons, Royal College of Surgeons and Royal Society of Medicine.
Education and Training
- Fellowship in female, functional, reconstructive and neuro-urology, University College Hospital London, 2016
- MSc University College London, 2015
- FRCS (Urol) Royal College of Surgeons, 2014
- London deanery training programme for urology, 2010-2015
- MBBS King's College London School of Medicine, 2006.
- Bladder cancer
- Bladder pain
- Male and female urinary incontinence
- Minimally-invasive treatments for benign prostate enlargement
- Reconstructive surgery
Sachin’s research into the specialist investigation of men with urinary incontinence after prostate surgery led to the Gold Medal award from University College London.
He is currently involved in a number of research activities relating to superficial bladder cancer and urinary incontinence.
- Markovits Prize, University College Hospital London, 2015
- BAUS Section of FNUU Trainee Bursary award, 2015
- European Association of Urology scholarship, 2014
- Cheselden Surgical Society Meeting first prize, St Thomas Hospital London, 2014
- Geoffrey Chisholm Gold Medal for MSc in urology, 2014.
Sachin has authored many peer-reviewed publications as well as four book chapters. See a list of Sachin Malde's publications on PubMed.