Clinical secretary: Alice Gem
Phone 020 7188 7905, email email@example.com
Academic secretary: Uzma Rehman
Phone 020 7848 6014, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: obstetric medicine, special interest liver, metabolic and endocrine diseases in pregnancy
Languages spoken: English
Catherine Williamson trained in obstetric medicine at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital. She is an active clinical researcher with research programmes that investigate the underlying cause of metabolic disorders of pregnancy. She aims use this knowledge to improve outcomes for affected women and their children.
Current research projects are focussing on intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, gestational diabetes mellitus, hyperemesis gravidarum and cirrhosis in pregnant women.
- Medical disorders of pregnancy
- Hereditary cholestasis
- Genetic susceptibility to cholestasis and hyperemesis in pregnancy
- Hormonal causes of cholestasis, diabetes mellitus and abnormal lipids in pregnant women
- Drug trials to improve these metabolic diseases of pregnancy
- Causes and prevention of stillbirth in women with cholestasis and diabetes