Continence advisory service
We provide advice and support for adults with bladder and bowel problems in Lambeth and Southwark.
Bladder or bowel problems can be embarrassing but are often easily treated. Our team of specialist nurses run clinics at 6 community centres. We offer an approachable and confidential service for the local community.
We aim to understand your needs to find the best way to improve your symptoms. We base all treatments on the latest evidence.
We specialise in:
- urinary incontinence, a sudden urge to pee that you cannot control
- bowel incontinence, a sudden urder to poo that you cannot control
- catheters, including trial without a catheter and intermittent self-catheterisation
- urgency and frequency peeing
- waking up at night to pee
Treatments we offer include:
- bladder training
- pelvic floor exercises
- lifestyle changes, such as weight, fluid intake and diet
- biofeedback, a non-surgical technique that can help with controlling incontinence
- specialist appliances, such as sheaths, urinals and absorbable products
We also provide advice, education and support to carers, family members and other local health professionals.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your health professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.