We provide imaging of the teeth and jaws, face and neck for adults and children.
Our services are based at the dental radiology department, Guy's Hospital. We have satellite units at Guy's dental hospital and the dental centre at St Thomas' Hospital.
We offer a walk-in service on the same day as your clinic appointment for some radiographs and X-rays.
We provide appointments for:
- cone beam CT scanning (CBCT), this provides 3D images of teeth and jaws
- head and neck ultrasound
- salivary gland imaging
We also offer ultrasound-guided tissue sampling.
Specialist salivary gland treatments
As part of the salivary gland service, we provide treatments including:
- stone removal by basket retrieval, using ultrasound, X-ray or endoscopy guidance
- intra-corporeal shockwave lithotripsy, using an endoscope and a lithotripter to break down a salivary gland stone
- extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy, using a specialised machine to target a stone using shockwaves
- dilation of duct strictures, using ultrasound, X-ray or endoscopy guidance
- endoscopy irrigation of salivary ducts, to clear mucus plugs and debris from salivary ducts
Suk Yee Ng