Dermatology: psychology service
We'll provide you with emotional support if you're being cared for by our dermatology service.
We support people who have:
- hidradenitis suppurativa
- immunobullous conditions
- vulval conditions
- hair and nail conditions
- hives (urticaria)
- skin conditions caused by sunlight
We can support you if you're finding it hard to cope with your diagnosis.
We can also help you to:
- keep up with your treatment
- overcome concerns about your treatment, such as worries about side effects
- overcome a fear of needles
- manage the lifestyle factors that affect your condition
- adjust to the impact your condition has on your daily life
- develop healthy coping strategies to look after you, your skin and your quality of life
If you need to stay in hospital, you'll stay in our Dermatology Day Care.
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They will be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
Last updated: 30 August