Essentia is part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
We employ over 1,600 people in Essentia. They are responsible for most non-clinical services at our hospitals and community sites.
Essentia designs, builds and maintains healthcare infrastructure vital to the smooth running of our services.
Our Essentia staff deliver non-clinical services, including:
- construction projects
- food services
- healthcare planning
- patient transport and portering
- waste management
We want to be recognised for quality and doing things the right way. Our aim is to contribute to an excellent experience for people visiting our hospitals and community sites.
Our vision for the future
- Provide an exceptional service by working together and supporting one another.
- Establish and maintain consistently high quality standards.
- Drive innovation and problem solving through forward thinking and team work.
- Make effective and efficient use of sustainable resources to support our mission.
- Be inclusive and develop the skills of our staff to help them progress within the organisation, and build a sense of pride.
Essentia is also responsible for non-clinical services at:
- King's College Hospital
- Princess Royal University Hospital
- Orpington Hospital
- University Hospital Lewisham
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- over 100 community sites in Lambeth and Southwark
Last updated: September 2022