Neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) schwannomatosis clinic
Phone: 020 7188 1029
Mobile: 07827 312685
You can only send texts to the mobile number.
Email: [email protected]
We answer emails Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: neurofibromatosis service, department of neurology, 1st floor, Southwark Wing, Guy's Hospital, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT
Time: Monday and Wednesday
At this clinic we provide treatment for NF2 schwannomatosis.
The clinic includes:
- a lead neurologist
- skull base surgeons
- eye doctors
If you have any questions or concerns between your appointments, please contact the clinical nurse specialist.
Before your appointment
Every year you'll need:
- an MRI scan of the brain
- hearing tests
- a neurological examination
Every 3 years you'll need an MRI scan of the spine.
At your annual review we need information from your recent scans, tests and other appointments so that we can discuss your needs with you.
Please arrange and go to these other appointments before your review.
Please make sure you:
- arrange to have your MRI scans at least 4 weeks before your appointment. You'll get a message or call from our MRI service to arrange your scans
- attend your hearing (audiology) appointments
- attend your other clinic appointments, or let us know at least 4 weeks in advance if you need to change them
- arrange patient transport through your GP or contact our patient transport service at least 5 days before your appointment, if you need it
During your appointment
At your yearly review we'll:
- discuss your test results with you
- discuss your treatment, including treatment of vestibular schwannomas or meningiomas
- give you advice about your symptoms
- arrange any tests and investigations you need