St Thomas' Hospital
3rd floor, South Wing, block B
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH
Tel: 020 7188 2010
1st floor Tower Wing
Great Maze Pond
London SE1 9RT
Tel: 020 7188 4128
Email: email@example.com (adults)
We provide a specialist dietetic service in the following areas:
- diabetes (within Guy's and St Thomas' and outreach clinics)
- oncology and haematology
- head and neck surgery
- bariatric surgery and weight management
- upper and lower GI surgery
- older people and stroke
- metabolic (adult)
- paediatric allergy, renal, metabolic, neurology, critical care and general paediatrics
- renal (Guy's Hospital and outreach clinics across the south east London region).
Routine and urgent referrals
We accept referrals from GPs and consultants.
NHS GP referrals
All NHS GP referrals must be submitted through the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS). Referrals sent by email or post from NHS GPs will not be processed.
Should you require advice about a patient, please use the advice and guidance facility through e-RS.
Non GP and tertiary referrals
Please send your referral to the address above or email:
To help us book your patient into the most appropriate clinic, please provide as much information as possible. We may contact the patient before offering an appointment to make sure they're seen at the most suitable clinic.
Referrals may be made for the following reasons:
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- low FODMAP
- cardio-protective advice
- coeliac disease
- food allergy
- modified consistency diets
- inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- cancer cachexia
- liver disease (malnutrition)
- nutritional support (unintentional weight loss 10% or more in 3 months)
- conditions relating to pregnancy
- mineral/vitamin deficiency eg anaemias.
For children's dietetics, the following referrals may be appropriate:
- failure to thrive
- behavioural feeding problems
- iron deficiency
- nutritional rickets
- vegan/vegetarian weaning
- faddy eaters