Nutrition and dietetics
We support people to follow a healthy diet and treat health problems related to nutrition.
Our qualified dietitians will give you advice based on the latest scientific evidence. We work with other medical professionals to help treat different health problems.
We work in all areas of the hospital and local community. We have specialist dietitians for:
- adult integrated care (Lambeth and Southwark)
- critical care
- epidermolysis bullosa (EB)
- liver and hepatology
- gastrointestinal surgery
- healthy eating and active lifestyles for diabetes (HEAL-D)
- inherited metabolic diseases
- obesity and bariatrics
- head and neck cancer
- kidney and dialysis
- south east London prescribing support dietetic service
- south east London weight management services
- ageing and health
- British Dietetic Association: advice about food and health from the UK's professional association
- NHS Eat Well: advice to help you make the best eating choices
- Diabetes UK: helping people manage their diabetes with healthy eating
- British Heart Foundation: healthy eating advice to reduce your risk of developing heart disease
- British Nutrition Foundation: information on food and nutrition
- Drink Aware: helping people make better choices about drinking
- Age UK: tips and advice on staying fit and healthy as you get older
- Malnutrition Taskforce: helping to prevent malnutrition in older people
- Coeliac UK: helping people with Coeliac disease to manage their health and diet
- World Cancer Research Fund: tips on how to eat healthily during cancer treatment
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
We take part in education and research and work with different universities. We train students from King's College London.
Some of our staff also work for King's College London.
Last updated: September 2023