We offer regular training opportunities regarding PGD for genetics and non-genetics healthcare professionals. This page will be regularly updated with upcoming sessions. We would also welcome requests to speak at local Journal Clubs or to provide formal teaching.
If you had any queries regarding speaking opportunities, please email us on PGDGenetics@gstt.nhs.uk.
We are pleased to announce a Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) taster day at Burrell Street Auditorium in Southwark, London on Friday 20 March 2020. This day may be of interest to genetic counsellors, consultant geneticists, genetic registrars, or others with an interest in PGD.
The aim of this one day event is to answer your common questions, and for you to leave with a greater understanding of the PGD process. We also hope to help make the referral process easier and quicker for your patients.
Some examples of what we hope to address during the day:
- an update to our new, quicker pathways and protocols
- updated success rates, turnaround times, and waiting list times
- ways for referrers to speed up the patient experience, including specific tips for patients with certain genetic conditions
- what family samples we need and why
- LGBTQ+ issues, including funding and gamete donation
- patient experience – what the PGD journey is like for the patient.
Please register your interest by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost of £100 for the day will include refreshments and lunch. Early birds who respond before Thursday 20 February will have a discounted rate of £80.
Space is limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance in any other way.
Draft timetable for the day (Word 14Kb).