Renal rehabilitation is a free 12-week exercise programme designed to help people with kidney disease to start exercising regularly.
By the end of the programme you should:
- be able to exercise on your own at least 3 times a week
- know what level to exercise at – when to push harder and when to slow down
- feel fitter and be able to manage more day-to-day activities
- be on your way to living a healthier lifestyle
You will probably benefit from this programme if you:
- feel tired
- feel unfit or weak
- are unhealthy
- find everyday tasks are harder than they should be
- need to lose weight
- are due to have a kidney transplant
If you've had a kidney transplant, this programme may also improve the life of your new kidney.