Sexual health counselling
This is a free confidential service, offered by a range of specialist counsellors.
People of any age or sexual orientation can come to us to talk about their feelings and problems with sex and intimacy.
Our counsellors have experience working with:
- issues presented within the LGBT+ community
- drug and alcohol dependency issues
- painful sex
- menopausal symptoms which may interfere with sex and intimacy
We can help with:
- general anxieties around sex and intimacy
- loss of interest in or lack of desire for sex and intimacy
- particular concerns that men who have sex with men may encounter, such as multiple PEP interventions, or lack of self-esteem or isolation
- relationship problems either in an existing relationship or with starting a new one
- an increase in risk-taking behaviour, such as having unprotected sex or changes in drug or alcohol use
- adjusting to change after an HIV diagnosis
How to get an appointment
Any health professional involved in your care at Burrell Street clinic can let you know how to book your first appointment.
Changing your appointment
You can change or cancel your appointment by phone or email:
- 020 7188 7707
- [email protected]
During your appointment
You will have an initial assessment.
Then you will have sessions with the counsellor on a one-to-one basis.
Counselling appointments usually last for 1 hour and take place at Burrell Street clinic.
You can have a maximum of 12 sessions.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer counselling in languages other than English.