We have a long tradition of undertaking ground-breaking biomedical and public health research that is publicly-funded.
Why do research at Guy’s and St Thomas’?
We are one of the largest NHS trusts in England and our local community is one of the UK’s most diverse and multicultural populations.
We have excellent research facilities, and we are home to a Biomedical Research Centre and a Clinical Research Facility, which include cutting edge genomics, stem cell and flow cytometry capabilities, as well as dedicated space for patients to take part in studies.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We frequently collaborate with healthcare and academic institutions from the UK and internationally, and have high quality partnerships with leading UK hospital trusts and academic institutions.
We have dedicated people to help you get your research up and running.
Research and development governance team
Contact the team to register non-commercial research or industry-funded (but not led) research with us.
- If you are a sponsor and would like Guy's and St Thomas' to act as a participating site, please email your Health Research Authority packs and study paperwork to R&D@gstt.nhs.uk.
- If you would like to do some research at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, please email R&D@gstt.nhs.uk.
- Contact the R&D Governance Manager for non-commercial trials: email email@example.com or call 020 7188 7188 ext 54426.
- For information on all aspects of carrying out a clinical trial for medicinal product (CTIMP) visit the King’s Health Partners research web page.
- To register a CTIMP trial that requires Guy’s and St Thomas’ sponsorship email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7188 5732.
Our research facilities
We are home to a biomedical research centre and a clinical research facility, which include cutting-edge genomics, stem cell and flow cytometry capabilities, as well as dedicated space for patients to take part in studies.
Top NHS trust in London for research
Guy’s and St Thomas’ carries out more research studies than any other NHS trust in London, and is in the top three trusts nationally.
Our cancer biobank
Our cancer biobank at Guy’s Hospital contains around 40,000 samples from more than 17,000 patients. A team of 12 staff look after the biobank and make sure that the samples and data are of the highest possible quality.