We're committed to working in partnership with the families and carers of people who use our services.
This includes anyone who is important in the life of the person using our services.
We want to involve families and carers in all aspects of our services.
We aim to recognise, value, include and respect carers. We treat them as expert partners at the heart of decision making for the person they care for.
All carers should have access to information to help them:
- make positive choices in their caring role
- improve their quality of life
You may find our carer passport agreement and some of these documents and websites useful.
- NHS England's commitment to carers
- NHS England, identifying and assessing carer health and well-being
- NHS England, practical guide to healthy caring
- Carers Trust, the triangle of care carers included: a guide to best practice in mental health care in England
- Carers UK, being heard: a self-advocacy guide for carers
- Carers UK, digital resource for carers
- Carers UK, the role of good nutrition when caring for someone
- Carers UK, valuing carers research report
- Royal College of Physicians, falls prevention in hospitals, a guide for patients, their families and carers
Last updated: October 2023