We are proud to be a Veteran Aware hospital and have signed the Armed Forces Covenant. This means:
- members of the armed forces community have the same access to our services as others
- we give special treatment if needed for the injured or bereaved
What we are doing
We are part of the Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA). The VCHA leads the way in improving veterans' care in the NHS.
We recognise the value of serving personnel, reservists, veterans and their families. We make an effort to:
- recruit service leavers, veterans and partners of members of the armed forces. We hold a silver award in the defence employers recognition scheme
- provide armed forces awareness training for staff
- support our staff reservists, cadet leaders and fundraisers for armed forces charities
- mark national events such as Armed Forces Day, Reserves Day and Remembrance Day
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Veteran Aware logoArmed Forces Covenant. Employer Recognition Scheme. Silver award. Proudly supporting those who serve.
Support for veterans
There is further advice and support available for veterans from:
These organisations can help veterans with their physical and mental health:
Partners and carers