Supporting the armed forces community
Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Accessible to all
- Current page section : Supporting the armed forces community
- Equality reports and papers
We offer practical support for patients who are veterans or serving in the UK armed forces.
What we offer
We support patients who have links to the armed forces. You can be a:
- serving member of the forces
- immediate family member of someone who has served or is serving
- practical support
- support with getting the right healthcare
- welfare and wellbeing guidance and links
- career development opportunities
- links to other veterans' networks
- information about upcoming events
For more information about the support we can offer, please email us.
The Royal British Legion offers lifelong support to serving and ex-serving personnel and their families.
SSAFA, the armed forces charity offers welfare support to people in the armed forces, veterans and their families.
Combat Stress offers mental health support to veterans.
Defence Medical Welfare Service (DMWS) supports people in the armed forces and veterans when they're staying in hospital.
You can view a full list of the support available to people in the armed forces and their families on the Confederation of Service Charities website.
Email: [email protected]
Help us understand your needs
We're working to identify the best ways to help our armed forces patients and their families. This is so we offer the support you need during your care with us and afterwards.
If you have an appointment with us, you'll receive a text message from 07860 039092 asking you to complete a short online survey. Please use the DrDoctor website link in the message to complete the survey.
We are part of the Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA) and proud to be a Veteran Aware hospital. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant.