We hold appointments:
Face-to-face appointments take place at Bowley Close or in your home.
How to get an appointment
You can ask your health, education or social care professional to refer you.
They'll assess your needs and refer you if you meet our criteria.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
Phone: 020 3049 7751
Email: [email protected]
Please try to give us at least 24 hours' notice. This will allow us to offer the appointment to someone else.
Before your appointment
We'll let you know the type of appointment and what to do.
- your current communication system
- any mounts (even if faulty or broken), such as an alphabet chart or iPad
During your appointment
At your first appointment we'll:
- review and talk about the information sent to us
- ask you to show how you're currently communicating
- ask you to try different communication systems
- discuss next steps with you
We'll try to meet your needs by reviewing the areas you need support with and your areas of strength. We'll also see where we can support the people you communicate with.
Appointments usually last 2 hours.
Our team consists of:
- speech and language therapists
- occupational therapists
- a technician
- a rehabilitation engineer
You may see 1 or all of the team, depending on your needs.
A key community therapist will provide regular support to you throughout the assessment process and track how you use the equipment.
After your appointment
We'll tell you and those involved in your care about the next steps. This may include a short-term loan to trial augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) equipment.
You'll have a review appointment after the trial period to decide on a long-term loan.