We offer a wide range of great benefits and services for staff, including:
- sports and social club
- staff gym and leisure facilities at both hospital sites, including a 25m swimming pool at Guy’s
- subsidised on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers
- on-site cinemas for patients and staff
- a comprehensive staff health and well-being programme, '5 ways to a healthier YOU'
- weekly lunchtime walking group
- ride to work scheme
- employee assistance programme
- free staff counselling service
- free stop smoking service.
You’ll also have access to all the benefits provided by the NHS, including a generous pension scheme, and annual leave allowance.
Paid annual leave
When you start working for the NHS you receive the following days annual leave, pro-rata, plus bank holidays:
- 27 days when you start
- 29 days after five years service
- 33 days after 10 years service.
For information on banding and pay, see our pay scales chart (PDF 41Kb) – effective from 1 April 2017.
NHS Pension Scheme
The NHS Pension Scheme is still one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.