Consultant gastroenterologist and hepatologist
Giovanni Tritto is a consultant physician, specialist in gastroenterology and internal medicine. He started his consultant career in Italy in 1999. From 2003 to 2009 he worked in the Hepatology Unit of the Cardarelli hospital in Naples, a tertiary referral unit and liver transplant centre, where he developed a specialist interest in liver failure and complications of liver cirrhosis.
In 2009 Giovanni moved to London, to undertake a research programme with the UCL Liver Failure Group led by Professor Rajiv Jalan. Having decided to settle in London, he was appointed in 2011 as locum consultant at the King George hospital in Ilford. Two years later, in 2013, he was offered a consultant post at Guy's and St Thomas', where he has worked as consultant gastroenterologist and hepatologist to date.
From May 2016 Giovanni is the lead of the gastroenterology department.
Education and training
- Graduated in Medicine, University 'Federico II', Italy, 1988
- Completed specialist training in gastroenterology and internal medicine.
- Neutrophil dysfunction in chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
- Liver support devices
- Management of portal hypertension
- Young Investigator Award, World Congresses of Gastroenterology, Los Angeles, 1988
Secretary tel: 020 7188 2492
For any queries, please email: [email protected]
- Liver disease
- Cirrhosis, liver failure and portal hypertension
- Viral hepatitis B and C
Last updated: November 2019