Consultant gastroenterologist and hepatologist
Giovanni Tritto is a consultant gastroenterologist and hepatologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2013.
He started his consultant career in Italy in 1999. From 2003 to 2009 he worked in the hepatology unit of Antonio Cardarelli Hospital in Naples.
In 2009 Giovanni moved to London to join a research programme with the liver failure group in University College London. In 2011 he became a locum consultant at the King George Hospital in Ilford.
Giovanni has been the lead of the gastroenterology department since 2016.
Education and training
- Specialist training in gastroenterology and internal medicine
- Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy, 1988
- Neutrophil dysfunction in chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
- Liver support devices
- Management of portal hypertension
- Young Investigator Award, World Congresses of Gastroenterology, Los Angeles, 1988
Phone: 020 7188 2492
Email: [email protected]
- Liver disease
- Cirrhosis, liver failure and portal hypertension
- Viral hepatitis B and C
Last updated: December 2022