Early pregnancy and gynaecology unit
The early pregnancy and acute gynaecology unit (EPAGU) is an emergency unit. We see people who:
- are in the early stages of their pregnancy (up to 18 weeks)
- have acute gynaecological problems needing urgent support
- same day emergency care
- urgent planned appointments
- support during the first 18 weeks of pregnancy
- early scans for people who have been seen in our recurrent miscarriage clinic and /or are on treatment for previous miscarriages
EPAGU is a specialist nurse-led unit.
We work with the gynaecology ward.
Miscarriage association offers support and information to anyone affected by the loss of a baby in pregnancy.
Stillbirth and neonatal death charity (SANDS) supports anyone affected by the death of a baby.
Tommy's research into stillbirth, premature birth and miscarriage and provide information and support.
Pregnancy sickness support is a charity who has tips to help women cope with morning sickness and hyperemesis gravidarum.
- Yasser Diab
- Brianna Cloke
- Tom Holland
- Jude Hamilton
- Annette Reid
- Archana Vasireddy
This EPAGU is led by:
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.